Small World Initiative continues to receive coverage:
– microBEnet article: “Small World Initiative – Who We Are and How to Get Involved” by Simon Hernandez and Nichole Broderick
– Yale Scientific article: “Students search for antibiotics in Puerto Rican soil” by Simon Hernandez
Prof. Handelsman continues to appear in the news:
– NPR’s Science Friday: Keeping the President in Tune With Tech
– The New York Times: Obama Seeks to Double Funding to Fight Antibiotic Resistance
– Scientific American article written by Prof. Handelsman: Obama Administration Aims to Erase Science Talent Deficit
– This Week in Microbiology (TWiM): The 100th episode features a Talmudic question and discussion of how a single mutation alters bacterial host tropism.
The Leona M. and Harry B. Helmsley Charitable Trust awarded the Center for Teaching and Learning (CTL) a grant to establish four postdoctoral fellowships. Congratulations to CTL’s Executive Director Jennifer Frederick! More information can be found in the YaleNews article here.